The ultracentrifuge is made entirely of RoHS compliant materials and is equipped with a 15 ″ inclined LCD, touch screen that allows easy use even with gloves, as well as remote viewing, from any part of the laboratory, of working parameters: centrifugal speed, centrifugal force, temperature, acceleration/deceleration speed, use, and error history. The ultracentrifuge has a USB port for importing and exporting data and can be connected to a printer to print data directly from the ultracentrifuge software. Ultracentrifuge offers the possibility to warn of errors by email or phone.
The ultracentrifuge can start automatically in case of interruption and then return of supply voltage, if the interruption period was short-lived or if there are voltage fluctuations. Otherwise, the ultracentrifuge will start to return power, but will not continue the working protocol, leaving it to the user, as certain parameters may have been affected during the outage and thus the evidence may be compromised. When the power goes back, the user has the opportunity to see all the information (power outage time, power time, and other parameters that may affect the working protocol) to decide whether to continue or resume the working protocol.
The ultracentrifuge has an environmentally friendly heating/cooling system that does not use a compressor or chlorofluorocarbons. The ultracentrifuge allows the use of tubes of different volumes and chemically resistant materials
The ultracentrifuge reaches a vacuum level below 0.7 Pa, with a precision vacuum control system. For this, the centrifuge is equipped with a series diffusion pump with a mechanical vacuum pump that ensures the reduction of the vacuum level to very low levels (0.7 Pa). At the same time, high-precision sensors and electronic command and control systems are active to ensure that the advanced vacuum level is maintained throughout the spin of the spin protocol. The vacuum level is permanently displayed on the micron display. Any loss of vacuum due to a leak in the spin chamber seal will stop the spin and issue warning messages. The vacuum system starts automatically when the run is started or can be controlled manually and stops automatically when the run is stopped when the rotor speed drops below 3000 rpm.
The ultracentrifuge offers the possibility of pre-cooling and pre-heating of the rotor, allows the setting of several centrifugation modes including zone centrifugation and continuous flow centrifugation, presents the possibility of validation to demonstrate performance, simulation, and estimation of particle location in the tube during centrifugation and the optimal choice of tube-rotor and automatic calculation of the sedimentation coefficient for molecular mass during centrifugation and can analyze DNA and RNA nucleic acids.
- Maximum speed: 100,000 rpm
- Maximum centrifugal force: 802,000 x g
- Accuracy for speed control: ± 2 rpm
- Temperature range: 0-40 ° C and can be set in 1 °C steps
- The temperature accuracy is +/- 0.5 °C compared to the set temperature
- Centrifuge allows you to set the time up to 999 hours and 59 minutes
- 1 swing rotor with 6 seats for 38.5 mL tubes model SW32Ti, with the following characteristics: maximum capacity of 6 x 38.5 mL, the maximum spin speed of 32,000 rpm, the maximum centrifugal force of 175,000 x g
- 1 fixed-angle rotor with low tilt angle (near-vertical), model NVT90, for fast separations in a density gradient, with the following characteristics: maximum capacity of 8 x 5.1 mL, the maximum spin speed of 90,000 rpm, and the maximum centrifugal force of 645,000 x g.